CHAPTER – 11 GEOGRAPHY
1. What do you mean communication Media?
The method of reaching a large number of people at the same time is called mass media of communication
2. What are the Medias of communication?
Along with traditional form of method like news paper radio, post then TV Internet Satellites computer network email mobile phones etc are main types of communications
3. What are the importances of communications?
* It helps the people to learn various incidents of different places.
*People can aware of the policies of the govt By educating the people through mass media about agriculture and industry.
*Mass media can be effectively utilized to strengthen the unity
4. What is GPS? Mention its uses.
Global Positioning System The main objective of this system is to indicate the location of a stationary or moving object or person through pointing out the latitude, longitude and height above the sea level
5. Write about Remote Sensing Technology.
It collects the information regarding the earth surface. It gathers information about without physically touching the objects Arial and satellite photos are from the remote sensing.
I. Choose the correct answer and write:
1. Geographical information system was first established in this country.
a. America b. India
c. canada d. Russia
2. Which of the following is a mass media.
a) Television b) Radio
c) post d) Email
3. Having its own local GPS India has launched satellites in number
a) six b) Ten c) twenty four d) seven
4. Today, many communication media have come into use because of
a) Development of electronic technology
b) Development of computer technology
c) Development of
d) Use of bio - techonology.
A. a) Development of electronic technology.
5. The main objective of remote sensing technlogy is
a) Collection of data regarding the earth surface
b) locate the geographical places correctly
c) To help for trekkers to know the exact location
d) To support transport authorities.
6. How Gps technologies perform its works?
A. Based on the informantion sent by the satellites and through the use of any individual's receiver set on the earth's surface.
7. What are the working acquirements kept in GPS satellites?
A. Cameras, solar clock, information transmitting antenna
8. Remote sensing is very important in collecting information regarding the earth surface. Substantiate the statement.
* True, accurate and reliable informantion pertaining to that period can be obtained.
* The informantion gathered by there can be easily
analysed using computer.
* This is a fast, low - cost informantion collection
system compared to geographical survey.
* Images can be obtained from satellites regarding the
extremes of climate and disturbances in the geographical feature.
* Studies related to natural calamities can be taken up.
* Satellite images is signifiacant in analysing the natural resources.
1. What is the main objective of GIS?
A. To accumulate and interpret the data on the earth's surface.
2. Which are the prominent soft wares of map construction in GIS?
A. Arc info, Autocad, Map info etc.
3. Which soil is found in the Himalayan Mountain?
A. To indicate the location of a stationary or moving object or person through pointing out the latitude, longitude and height above the sea level.
4. Mention the importance of communication.
A. • People of the country can learn about the various incidents of different places.
• The people can aware of the policies of the government.
• Provides information regarding agricultures &
• Help in the development of trade & commerce.
• Strengthen the unity, integrations and stability in the
5. What are the uses GIS?
A. • GIS technology based maps are more attractive and give accurate information.
• Various types of geographical, Social and economic information can be easily analysed and models can be constructed.
• GIS is used to give advance intimation regarding weather phenomena.
• Maps can be created very fast without the need of a cartographer in a very short time and even maps can be modified.
6. What are the uses of GPS?
A. • They are useful in assessing the geographical position of natural calamities.
• It is helpful for trekkers to know the exact location and routes.
• Soldiers, pilots, fishermen and sailors use GPS to follow Correct path and direction.
• Transport authorities use this to manage the movement.
7. Mention any four uses of remote sensing technology?
• This is a fast, low-cost information collection system compared to Geographical survey.
• The information gathered by there can be easily analysed using computers.
• Images can be obtained from satellites regarding the extremes of climate and disturbances in the geographical features.
II. Answer the following in a sentence each.
1. What do you mean by communication media?
A: The method of reaching a large number of people at the same time is called communication media.
2. Give any two examples of communication media?
A: Television, Radio, post, etc.,
3. When is the geographical information system established?
A: In the year 1960
4. What is the expansion form of G.P.S?
A: Global positioning system.
5. What is the other name of GPS?
A: Path finder
6. Name the main types of communication.
A: post, telephone,email,fax
7. What is remote sensing?
A: collecting information regarding the earth surface without physically touching the objects is called remote sensing.