INDIAN MONSOON SEASONS AND THEIR FEATURES
1. The hottest place in India is : Ganganagara in Rajasthan 52*c
2. The maximum rain fall is seen during South West monsoon season
3. The lowest rainfall area in India is Roily in Rajasthan
4. The highest rainfall in India is Mawsynram In Meghalaya
5. Indian agriculture is a gamble with the monsoon
6. Indian climate divided into 4 seasons
7. In India south west monsoon is call rainy season
8. In the month of October temperature decrease in the Northern hemisphere because :
* Sun rays fall vertically on the southern hemisphere
* Sun rays fall scantly on the northern hemisphere
1. Which type of climate is experienced by India?
Tropical monsoon type of climate
2. What are Monsoon winds?
It is derived from an Arabic word Mousim which means season
3. Which season is generally called the rainy season? Southwest Monsoon
4. South west monsoon winds starts receding during October month Give reason
South west monsoon winds starts receding during October month because inertial parts of India increases pressure
5. What are mango showers?
Due to local temperature and winds, rainfall occurs in some places during April and May. These are called Mango showers in Kerala
I. Choose the correct answer and write:
1. The region receiving highest rainfal in India?
a. Agumbe b. chirapunji c. Mawsynram d. Hulikal
2. In Bay of Bengal and Arabian Sea in this period tropical cy clones frequently occur.
a) SouthWest monsoon b) Retreating monsoon c)Summer season d) Winter season
I. From march to may the temperature will be high in north india because.
a) Long days and distance from the sea
b) Long nights and close to the sea
c) Long days and nearest to sea
d) Long night and distance from the sea
3. During the end of october the temperature in the northern hemisphere decreases because sun rays.
a) Falls vertically on the northern hemisphere
b) Falls vertically on the southern hemisphere.
c) Falls slantingly on the southern hemisphere.
d) Falls vertically on the equator.
4. Cyclonic winds are formed more in the bay of bengal and arabean sea during the following season
a) Summer season
b) Retreating monsoon winds
c) winter season
d) south -west monsoon season
5. South west monsoon winds starts retreating from october due to the pressure.
a) More on Northern hemisphere
b) More on Southern hemisphere
c) More on Northern hemisphere
d) More on the equatorial region.
II. Answer in a sentence:
1. The rainfall that occur during summer season in west ben gal is known as?
2. The rainfall that occur during summer season in Kerla and Karnataka is known as?
A: 'Mango showers,coffee blossoms'
3. Which area receives lowest rainfall in India?
A: Royli in Rajasthan.
4. Which area receives heighest temperature in India?
III. Answer in 3 or 4 sentences:
1. What are the factors influenced on climate of India?
A: * Latitude
* height from sea level
* distance from the sea
* mountain ranges
* ocean currents etc.,
2. name the four seasons that are witnessed during Indian annual climate?
A: 1. Summer Season March to May
1. SouthWest monsoon season June to September
2. ReTreating monsoon season October to November
3. Winter season December to February
3. What are the areas receiving the highest rainfall in India? A: Western areas of western ghats, Assam and other
Eastern states and west bengal.
4. What are the areas receiving lowest rainfall in India?
A: Thar desert of Rajasthan and its adjoining areas like pun jab, Haryana, Kutch regions, Jammu and Kashmir, Eastern parts of Maharastra and interior Karnatka are the areas of deficit rainfall.
5. Indian agriculture is gambling with the monsoon? How? A: * India is an agricultural country.
• If south west monsoon winds occur in time then good
• failure of rainfall leads to drought.
• when the monsoons are heavy there are floods they also
cause distruction to life and property.